Overall Job Description
The primary duty of this position will be to perform installation, programming, and troubleshooting of commercials and industrial, security, video, and integrated access control systems of assigned projects.
Reports to the Technical Resource Manager
- Becomes familiar with the products and local codes for proper implementation of assigned projects
- Makes connections and required adjustments per job documentation and blueprints
- Tests operation of all components to establishes proper system function.
- Documents all labels and connections if changed from job documentation for As-Builts.
- Commissions project with Project Manager and customer to ensure system operation and customer satisfaction.
- Promptly reports defective material or equipment, inaccuracies or omissions in job information that may result in inadequate protection of a customer location.
- Ensures each job assigned is responded to in a timely manner as specified by project documentation and directed by Project Manager
- Assists in training and developing other technicians in their skills.
- Maintains and accounts for all stock in company vehicles, including semi-annual inventory reports.
- Maintains Q360 Tasks and work hours, daily, to account for time worked and miles traveled. Submits Time Bills daily.
- Properly completes all required project field documentation in cooperation with Project Manager. Promptly returning documentation to assigned Project Manager.
Job Requirements & Experience
- 4 years’ experience with D/A or equivalent organization in relevant installation or service role
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required.
- CDL Class B License Preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Reads manuals and follows instructions.
- Communicates with customers in an intelligent and respectable manner.
- Writes clearly and concisely to complete required field documentation and reports.
- Conducts themselves in an honest and ethical manner and promoting those same qualities in co-workers.
- Holds D/A’s and the Customer’s reputation in the highest regard.
- Demonstrates superior knowledge and skill on a breadth of products. Has knowledge of four major product groups with extensive knowledge of at least two categories. Continually expands knowledge in all major areas.
- Demonstrates resolve and resourcefulness in meeting other’s needs
- Climbs ladders without fear of heights while maintaining good balance.
- Has the ability to use heavy machinery (utility truck).
- Works with small hand tools for long period of time.
- Has good dexterity of hands.
- Can lift and carry weights of seventy (70) pounds. (standard UPS limit)
Measure of Performance
- Jobs assigned are consistently completed on time and on budget with complete customer satisfaction.
- Personal attendance is prompt and time off does not exceed Paid Time Off (PTO) time available.
- All field documentation and reports are completed and turned in within one day of completion.
- Route Sheets are accurately completed and submitted every Monday morning.
MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE RIGHT TO ADD OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THIS POSITION AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.