Overall Job Description
The primary duty of this position will be to sell access control, video surveillance, and intrusion systems. The prospective candidate will be responsible for the entire sales process including generating and following up on sales leads, meeting with potential clients and conducting a needs assessment, quoting/bidding security systems to meet those needs, negotiating terms, closing sales opportunities, and ensuring profitable growth of the company in an enthusiastic and timely manner.
Reports to the Director of Sales
- Manage the estimating process from beginning to end, including timelines, deadlines and estimating packages.
- Communicate with vendors and clients to build relationships, define the project scope, address any deficiencies, and negotiate pricing.
- Research quotes for material and labor from our suppliers and subcontractors, continuously following up on all bid projects and accurately forecasting future awards.
- Stay up to date with current technology trends in access control, video surveillance, intrusion systems and emerging security technology.
- Present a professional image to vendors, manufacturers, distribution, and clients.
- Cultivate good client relationships and communication to build repeat business and gain referrals.
- Work with sales manager and project manager to engineer and provide accurate bills of materials and cost estimates for upcoming jobs – new construction and retrofit.
- Develop and successfully present proposals that withstand critical examination and bring value to clients.
- Provide company standard handoffs to project manager.
- Follow company procedures for tracking, estimating, quoting and converting opportunities into projects.
- Coordinates with engineering and project management to ensure on-time, high-quality deliverables.
- Coordinate with project manager on forecasted product, equipment, and manpower needs.
- Help resolve job-related issues.
- Read blueprints and complete quantity take-offs.
- Provide equipment information to suppliers.
- Send RFI’s to Owners and General Contractors as required.
- Prepare timely estimates, bids and proposals.
- Review estimates, bids and proposals with management.
- Estimate projects in a designated systems by preparing accurate take-off of materials, labor and equipment.
- Attend pre-bid meetings as required.
- Review bid addendums and add or delete cost for bid accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned by Sales Manager.
Job Requirements & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with D/A or equivalent organization in relevant sales role
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships, work well in a team environment while also having the ability to work independently.
- Ability to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Excellent communicator who is organized and detail-oriented with the ability to speak effectively and efficiently to management concerning tasks and projects.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Willingness to train & grow in the department.
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office and other programs including Office 365, Teams, Excel, and CAD and/or Visio.
- Valid driver’s license with vehicle in good repair.
Measure of Performance
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Professionalism in interactions with customers, managers, and fellow team members.
- Completion of jobs on time, meeting planned benchmarks.
- Profitability of jobs completed.
- Customer satisfaction.
MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE RIGHT TO ADD OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THIS POSITION AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.